When was the last time you laughed? How did it make you feel? If you are like the rest of us, you felt happy and energetic inside and out. Studies have shown some great emotional and physical benefits of laughter. Here is a list of 10 things that laughter can help you with.
- Improves blood pressure and blood flow.
- Helps blood sugar levels.
- Helps relieve pain.
- Reduces aggression.
- Improves your immune system.
- Relaxes muscles.
- Lowers stress.
- Helps your social skills and strengthens relationship bonds.
- Helps you cope during difficult situations by decreasing anxiety and fear.
- Improves your mood.
While these are great benefits, laughter isn’t a replacement for medicine and other solutions for health problems, although laughter still positively affects those problems. Laughter can do a lot, but its primary benefit is to give you a sense of well-being, and it is fun to do. So grab a friend or two, crack some jokes, and laugh away!