Your diet affects everything going on in your body. It affects how you feel. It affects how well you move around. It even affects how well your brain works. Therefore, it stands to reason that if you eat the right things, your brain will function more efficiently. Here are a few foods that go right to your head:
- Berries – Can slow decline in memory and focus.
- Fatty fish – Contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower the risk of dementia and aids improved focus and memory.
- Spinach – Rich in lutein, which is thought to prevent cognitive decline.
- Dark chocolate – Caffeine helps improve mental acuity.
- Coffee – See “dark chocolate”.
- Water – Keeps the brain hydrated and prevents it from swelling.
- Olives and olive oil – Contains healthy fats that may help slow aging.
- Garlic – May help stave off brain cancer.
- Beets – Contain nitrates which improve blood flow to the brain.
- Nuts – Full of nutrients that improve memory, learning and motor skill coordination.
- Beans – Provide glucose to the brain.
- Broccoli – Improves memory function and slows the aging process.
- Apples – Contain an antioxidant chemical that protects brain cells.
- Cinnamon – May inactivate tau proteins, which kill brain cells
- Wheat germ – Contains choline, needed for the production of a neurotransmitter which boosts memory.
- Flax seeds – Crammed with healthy fats that help the cerebral cortex in functioning.
Fill your diet with these healthy foods and you’ll keep your memory as strong as a steel trap and your mind as sharp as a tack.